Friday 10 February 2017

My first blog post

I have decided to start my own running blog after I was featured on Megan's Getfithappy blog this week. I really enjoyed taking part in the questionnaire she sent me to complete and I realised that I have a love for writing and as my wife said, I am better at writing to say what I want, rather than talking about something.

Today is not a Monday or a first day of the week or the first day of the month to start off with my blog, in fact it is a Friday in the middle of February. If you want to start with something, why must you always wait for a new week, month or even new year to start with your new resolutions?

This blog will be about my love for running and will feature (amongst others) posts on running in general, races, sport nutrition, coaching, tips, reviews and generally anything running related. As my blog progress I will add different pages for the different sections.

I am currently training with a running coach according to a structured training programme and my goal at this moment is to run anything further than a half marathon and my first goal is a 32km race at the beginning of March this year. I also want to run a marathon and the coach has scheduled it for the first weekend in April, but I will have to see if my training allows me to do it. I will post more about this later on.

I am also a Strava addict and when I'm done with a run I can't wait to get back to my phone to upload my workout and to wait for the Kudo's. If you're part of the Strava community you will know what I'm talking about. In fact, before I posted anything on this new blog, I already had my Strava widget setup which links to my daily workouts on the right hand side of the page as you will see. Please feel free to follow me on Strava.

I live in Roodepoort which is a suburb of Johannesburg and I am part of Randburg Harriers running club. Tonight is our annual Valentines night race and I will be assisting at the start and the finish of the race. I will take some pictures and do a blog post about this race in the near future as well.

I also have a 10km tempo run scheduled for Saturday and an 18km long run scheduled for Sunday. This means busy weekend ahead in terms of training. I am also looking forward to our Saturday braai at one of our friend's house.

If you read this, please leave a comment and please follow my blog for updates. Also, please advise on any widgets I need to add or any other tips and tricks for blogging would be appreciated.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to follow your blog, signed up and ready to read more!

    ReplyDelete